It’s hard to believe that it is already Memorial Day weekend. If you are staying home this weekend – be sure to take a break from any projects your have going on and relax. Summer goes by way too fast these days!
Raspberry, Ginger and Mint Muddled Prosecco Cooler
For each drink, you will need:
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 TBLS lemon juice
- 2-3 small, thin lemon slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 TBLS Ginger Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 oz Vodka
- 2 Oz Prosecco or Champagne
In a large glass or cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves, lemon juice and about half of the raspberries. Add vodka and simple syrup and shake lightly. Pour over ice, whole raspberries and lemon slices. Top with Prosecco and garnish with a mint leaf and lemon slice.
Ginger Simple Syrup
Makes about 1 1/4 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 piece (about 10 inches long and 4 ounces; or use several small pieces) fresh ginger, peeled and cut into very thin rounds
Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add ginger; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, and let steep 30 minutes. Pour syrup through a fine sieve into an airtight container; discard ginger. Refrigerate up to 1 month.
Cheers and have a great long weekend!